We have the world’s largest collection of Soil Association certified, organic health and beauty products.
We follow the Precautionary Principle – a social responsibility to protect the public from exposure to harm.
This means you won’t find parabens, GMOs, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances or colors, or anything else we believe could cause you or the planet harm in any of our products. Instead you will find lots of lovely pure natural and organic ingredients.
We believe in honesty and indicate every organic ingredient on our labels and website with a star*.
What is organic farming?
Organic farming is based on a holistic approach that respects the power of natural processes. According to EU guidelines, organic farming practices are “designed to minimise the human impact on the environment, while ensuring the agricultural system operates as naturally as possible”.
- Rotates crops to build a healthy soil
- Uses compost, farmyard manure and ‘plough-in’ crops like clover
- Encourages wildlife to naturally help control pests
- Ensures the highest animal welfare standards
- Maintains a diversity of crops to help break cycles of pests and disease
What’s natural, but not organic?
As ‘organic’ refers to a system of farming, and the crops/ingredients produced, it can only cover agricultural produce – which means pure natural ingredients such as water, clay, minerals and salt can’t be called ‘organic’.
“Organic is different. How we farm can affect the quality of the food we eat.”
Research published in the British Journal of Nutrition has found significant differences between organic and non-organic farming.
Organic to Our Roots
We always choose the highest quality, most effective ingredients for our natural health & beauty care.
With up to 68% more beneficial antioxidants than their conventional counterparts, organic ingredients are naturally more protective against ageing free radicals.
Soil Association certification ensures the maximum organic ingredients are used in a product, and that all organic ingredients are clearly labelled.
Certification also bans ingredients with health or environmental concerns, including GMOs and nano-particles, and of course it’s the best way to avoid hidden agro-chemical residues.
Proof Organic Works
The Soil Associations’ specific Health & Beauty standards allow for the use of innovative naturally-derived ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, plant meristem cells and peptides – allowing us to create certified organic skincare with premium performance.
Our clinical trials, conducted in compliance with the World Medical Association declaration of Helsinki and with the Colipa Guidelines, show just how effective our ground-breaking certified organic formulations are.
Our Frankincense Intense collection is a perfect example and proof organic works!
3 Ways Organic Farming Will Help Save the World!
- Organic farming develops and maintains healthy soil, and in doing so, captures carbon and locks it into the earth. This soil-enriching process also supports climate change adaption by reducing impacts of both flooding and droughts, helping to improve food security.
- Organic farming avoids the use of artificial nitrogen-rich fertilisers, potent sources of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Organic farming supports biodiversity. This has a vital impact on our future, protecting species such as the pollinators our food chain relies on.
Organic Farming Protects Workers & Communities
Organic farming avoids toxic agrochemicals, protecting the health of those most at risk – farm workers, their families and those working or living in the immediate area.
This is a particularly vital issue in developing countries, where pesticides banned in other parts of the world are still used by workers – usually with little or no personal protection, rudimentary or ill-maintained equipment, inadequate washing facilities and without enforced health & safety regulations.
We support organic farmers across the globe.